The debate is starting in less than an hour! ARE YOU PUMPED?!?!?!!1?!
Yeah, me neither. Maybe after I eat.
But! Are we all emotionally prepared? Let’s make up a drinking game! Yes, I don’t drink, but I do know at least one person who will be watching the debate from the Pub, which sounds like a splendiferous idea. Anything to dull the pain of our country’s impending voyage into the Sun.
Truth be told, I’m not quite as excited about making up a drinking game as I was when I first thought of it, because I saw a kickass one created by the gals over at Feministe. And I think we all know that, purely on principle, I could never equal anything from that magnificent domain. So why don’t you just go there. I will, however, excerpt a couple of my favorites:
- Every time the candidate steers away from the question asked to highlight his own talking points (we call that a Palin), drink twice.
- For every mention of failed bipartisanship efforts that failed because the opposing party are a bunch of sniveling assbabies, drink.
- Every time someone mentions terrorism, drink. If someone mentions terrorists in a non-terrorist context, like the Iraq War, drink twice.
- When McCain grumpily alludes to the more important things he has to do, chug.
- Spit out your beer and yell at the TV if McCain insinuates Obama is a) Muslim or b) the antiChrist.
So yeah. You should totes go read the whole thing. See you in 30!
8:59 We’re watching this on NBC HD. How exciting.
9:00 How come my college doesn’t have an auditorium like that, suitable for a debate? Stupid private colleges. We’re reminded that Obama is black and McCain was a POW, like, thanks bud, I hadn’t caught that. I feel that, were I a drinker, I would already need to be throwing back a few.